The University of the Free State (UFS) and the Central University of Technology (CUT), in collaboration with the Flemish Association for Development, Cooperation and Technical Assistance (VVOB), and the sponsorship of the European Union, are pleased to announce that they will be hosting the fourth Symposium for Inclusive Teaching from the 2nd to the 4th of July 2019.
The symposium theme is ‘Shifting towards Inclusive Mindsets - achieving meaningful participation for all’
Through plenary panel discussions, posters, breakaway paper presentations, practice-oriented discussions, and various networking opportunities, the symposium expects to build capacity for teacher education for inclusive teaching. The following sub-themes will focus the deliberations:
- Understanding Inclusive Education
- Valuing & respecting diversity
- Classroom practices that support all learners
- Collaboration with others to enable inclusive teaching and learning
- Leadership for inclusive teaching
- Sharing of Reflective practice (testimonies, stories of self-reflection) on how to support inclusion
Submissions of abstracts are no longer accepted.
Participants can register to attend the Symposium at https://southafrica.vvob.be/registration-symposium-inclusive-education-2019.
For more information refer to the attached flyer.