Ready to get inspired?
Every child has a right to quality education and teaching inclusively can contribute to achieving that goal. Many teachers have come up with innovative teaching strategies, to make the curriculum more accessible to all learners.
This series of videos illustrates how educators are teaching inclusively in South African classrooms:
- Dance: using dance to teach maths to Grade 6 learners;
- Rap: using music to assist with memory and creating a multisensory environment in the maths class;
- Positive behaviour management;
- Learners as a resource: using peer tutoring and interaction to support learning;
- Individual support planning in the context of the school-based support team and the SIAS Policy;
- Effective SBSTs: how to strengthen School-Based Support Teams;
- Classroom management;
- Teaching for all: catering all learners in your classroom.
Can't get enough?
Watch the Bambanani series. These videos about inclusive teaching focus specifically on teaching numeracy and literacy in the Foundation and Intermediate phases: available in English, with isiXhosa subtitles, with isiZulu subtitles and with Sesotho subtitles.